Monday, June 4, 2012

Outfit of the Day

Hey everyone!
I'm sorry to be posting so late tonight, but my summer sleeping schedule has definitely set in! I've been thinking about some "traditions" to start on here, and I though I would make "Outfit of the Day" posts. So they may not be new everyday, but I'll certainly try to get them up here at least every other day. 
Let's start with today, shall we?
Let me start off by saying that I made an awesome Word document with graphics and everything for this first "Outfit of the Day", but when I went to upload it on here I realized that I can't upload documents and I couldn't save it as a picture file, so I resorted to using the good 'ole iPhone app to upload the picture of my outfit.
Anyway, on to the good stuff.  I went out to dinner tonight, just with my family, and although it wasn't exactly 90 degrees today, I was still pretty comfortable in a tank top and skirt.  I wore a navy "dot tiered" tank top from J Crew that I just bought a few days ago. I absolutely love it! It fits perfectly and what's not to love about navy!? I paired it with a J Crew skirt that I got last year.  I'm not completely sure how to describe the fabric, but I would say it's almost like a chambray kind of skirt.  It goes with basically anything and is super classic.  I've been really into belts lately, and thought that I would add a little bit of color to my otherwise dark and boring outfit.  I liked the pop of the bright pink with the navy.  The belt is patent leather from, guess where, J Crew.
In case you couldn't tell, my favorite store is J  Crew.  Most of my clothes are from there, but I'll let you all know of where I buy everything in case you're wondering.
Ah, and I almost forgot! Shoes!! I forgot to take a picture of my sandals, but I just wore flat roman sandals with some silver beading.  I desperately need new shoes or sandals or anything!  With this outfit though, I think that almost any shoe would work.  I would probably stick with a neutral color though, like silver, nude, brown, or something of those sorts. You could do a flat, sandal, or heels, depending on the occasion. 
I hope you all enjoyed the first of many "Outfit of the Day" post!! Please, please, please leave comments, ask questions, tell me something about yourselves! I'm really hoping that you all like my blog, and I'd love to hear anything you have to say! If there is anything specific you'd like to see me post about just leave a comment and I'll do my best to get it up here.
xoxo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment